Educating each patient is time consuming.
- Lack of knowledge is the most apprehensive and fearful aspect of patient care
- Patients are given the same, repetitive information
- Valuable resources and valuable employees’ time are being spent on verbal information that is forgotten
- Doctors spend time reiterating the same information
- Paper instructions are typically generic, lack meaningful depth, often go unread, and almost always become misplaced
- Patients remain apprehensive and nervous—yearning for more in-depth and meaningful information
Pre-op and post-op phone calls are excessive
- For every operation performed
- 4-5 pre and post-op phone calls averaging 7 minutes each
- 5+ hours of misallocated nurse-time
- Repeatedly delivering the same information because patients either forget or lose paper instructions
- High-level employees are taken off task to provide answers to commonly asked questions
- For every 100 operations scheduled, hospitals and ASCs receive approximately 50 phone calls
- Driving directions, parking, arrival time, etc.
Too many delayed or cancelled operations due to patient confusion
- Hospitals and ASCs average 2-6 late patients per week per service line
- Went to wrong facility
- Parking, arrival time, etc.
- Directly affects hospital bottom line and patient satisfaction
- Hospitals and ASCs average 1-2 cancelled operations per week
- Forgot to bring scans, wasn’t NPO
- Directly related to lack of patient knowledge
- Bringing patients in earlier than necessary makes for some of the angriest patients in the facility
Bad online patient reviews
- Happy patients need to be motivated to go through the trouble of writing a review (many don’t know how)
- Unhappy patients are much more motivated (1-star reviews!)
- 1-star reviews are from poor service, not poor medical care and drive down overall rating
- Reviews are increasingly used by patients to choose their doctor and hospital
- The Surgery Guide App is the most practical technology platform for surgical and procedural education and communication.
- App takes the encumbrance of procedure-related call volume away from valuable staff members so they can focus on more vital aspects of patient care.
- The only surgery concierge application offering convenient, personalized, end-to-end support resulting in significantly decreased patient blunders and fewer delayed or cancelled operations.
- Proven to dramatically increase positive reviews and dramatically decrease negative reviews.
- About the Center section delivers additional information about the practice, the expertise of the surgeons and the hospital, and other distinguishing factors showcasing your doctor, facility, and products
- Co-Branding opportunities are built in
- Physician practice
- Hospital / ASC
- Device manufacturer
- iPhone & Android
- True app in the app stores